Dubai e-streaming platform launched in US
Dubai, September 10, 2013
Iclix, an online streaming platform in Dubai, has launched its subscription based video-on-demand services in the US.
The subscription includes Bollywood and Jazwood (Arabic content) movies, TV series and children's programmes. Its Hollywood content offering is, however, only available in the Mena region, said a statement from a senior executive.
Registered members will be able to access the library on-the-go or at home via a wide range of internet connected devices, including computers, smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and soon gaming consoles at a rate of $4.99 a month, it said.
"We have a great selection of Jazwood and Bollywood content available for people of all ages. We believe Arabic and Hindi content have the potential to appeal to a globalised audience" said Carlos Tibi, the founder and CEO.
The company offers users access to the content by signing up for a seven-day free trial and will be charged a monthly subscription fee at the end of the period. The Icflix app can be downloaded for free from the Samsung or Apple app stores for mobile devices, said Tibi. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut
- Yas Waterworld launches pearl diving show
- Nawras holds first Instagram expo in Oman