Sharjah kids festival to screen 77 films
Sharjah, September 10, 2013
The Sharjah International Children’s Film Festival has selected 77 films from the 132 that were submitted, to be showcased from October 21.
The films are from young filmmakers, covering short live action, animation, feature and documentaries for children, with 32 nationalities participating.
Festival director Jawaher Abdulla Al Qassimi said: “SICFF aims to give children the chance to learn about other cultures, other thinkers, other ideas” through one of the most entertaining mediums accessible to us. With films produced by and for children from 32 countries, there’s bound to be a lot of engaging screen time."
“These films will challenge our kids and our own world views in ways that will be eye-opening,” Al Qassimi added.
The list of films include 'Lost and Found', 'Ostora' and 'Stepping on the Flying Grass.' - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter backtracks on block feature over protests
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema