Cliff Nelson and Sam Barnett
My-HD offers MBC channels on Arabsat
Dubai, September 8, 2013
My-HD, a top satellite pay-TV platform, and major satellite operator Arabsat, have partnered to make available all current eight MBC channels in high definition (HD) on Arabsat.
This will give My-HD a total of 30 premium HD channels in its bouquet out of which 20 are exclusive to My-HD such as the MBC 3HD channel which is available with English and Arabic audio.
Khalid Balkheyour, president and CEO of Arabsat, said: “Our inclusion of MBC's premium channels in HD on the My-HD package is just the beginning, as we continue to work on positioning Arabsat as the leading HD hotspot in Mena.”
“In a short span of time since we announced our strategic partnership with My-HD, the launch of MBC channels in HD has now made us the only satellite operator to carry both leading Mena networks - MBC and Rotana - in HD, and 30 HD channels in total so far which brings the number of HD channels on Arabsat to a total of 65 with the Saudi football League being completely exclusive on our satellite.”
The eight MBC HD channels are currently available to subscribers on Arabsat via the My-HD platform, which has the exclusivity of receiving premium HD channels such as MBC HD, Rotana HD, Al Nahar HD and Fox HD, among many others, with only on one satellite dish.
Cliff Nelson, CEO My-HD said: “Our strategic alliance with Arabsat has by far proven to be one of the most successful partnerships since we entered this industry. Today, we have the region’s two largest networks - MBC and Rotana Group - available in HD for the first time only on My-HD and Arabsat, giving our customers across the Mena region unbeatable value.”
My-HD is rapidly positioning itself as the region’s leading pay-TV platform and through its strong partnership with Arabsat and Content Providers like MBC its plan to offer the most and best HD channels to Mena satellite TV Households at ultra-low prices is on track.
The 30 HD channels are expected to grow significantly before the end of 2013, as My-HD gears up to announce soon the exclusive inclusion of a new ninth channel from the MBC Group.
Sam Barnett, MBC Group CEO, said: "We are pleased to see our HD channels join My-HD on Arabsat, which has a clear vision to become the number one HD Hotspot in the Mena region. We also laud Arabsat's principles and policies which prevent pirate TV channels from operating on its satellite. We look forward to our shared growth, as we launch further HD channels as part of our migration strategy from Standard Definition.”
My-HD has major plans lined up to reach the goal of being the first and foremost Ultra Low Pay-TV platform in the region, said Nelson.
“We have great ambitions that we are on track to realizing, through the genuine support of our partners and our rapidly growing customer base,” explained Nelson.
“By next October, we forecast the launch of over 35 HD Channels on Arabsat, and to ensure reach to a wider audience, we have also further extended our geographic coverage to Iraq and Morocco, thus allowing our audience in those markets to enjoy our full bouquet of family entertainment channels.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain