Boeing supports women advancement initiative
Abu Dhabi, September 5, 2013
Boeing International Corporation has signed an innovation programme that promotes the professional advancement of women by the AmCham Abu Dhabi Women in Business Committee.
The ‘Women Achieve’ initiative was developed to encourage companies and organisations to offer women more opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility and leadership.
As a supporter of the programme, Boeing has pledged to ensure that it provides an environment where women can further develop their leadership skills and excel in their respective areas of expertise by ensuring that the company's inclusive organisational culture remains true in the Middle East.
“It has long been part of our culture to empower women with the skills and tools necessary for career development and growth at Boeing and pledging to enhance our existing programmes by supporting Women Achieve is a natural next step for us,” said Jeffrey Johnson, president, Boeing Middle East.
“As a company, we recognise that our strength and our competitive advantage are and always will be our people. We value the skills, strengths and perspectives of our diverse team and will continue to look for opportunities to foster their growth and development within Boeing.”
Established in January, the programme focuses on seven key ideals including encouraging women to grow through training, shadowing, coaching, mentorship and internship programs, to consider female candidates for new opportunities and support ‘rising stars’ into leadership positions.
It also encourages the induction of women to serve on boards of different organisations and promotes the importance of fair remuneration for female employees. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film