Damac backs global drive for needy children
Dubai, September 4, 2013
Damac Properties, a leading luxury property developer, recently donated Dh2 million ($544,000) to a campaign aimed at clothing a million deprived children around the world.
The Ramadan initiative ‘Dress One Million Needy Children’ was launched by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
Hussain Sajwani, owner and chairman of Damac Properties, the made the contribution as part of the company’s continued support of the Dubai government's efforts to improve the standard of living around the world.
Damac Properties’ donation will provide clothing and warmth for more than 50,000 children in need.
"The young are the future of society and it is crucially important to provide the right environment to give them the very best possible start in life," said Sajwani. "Damac Properties has always supported the altruistic efforts of Sheikh Mohammed to improve the lives of others, particularly during Ramadan."
The clothing campaign was launched in collaboration with the Emirates Red Crescent, a humanitarian organisation set up in 1983. The campaign raised a total of Dh120 million.
Damac Properties has completed 8,890 units to date spanning more than 9 million sq ft. It also has a further 19,136 units at various stages of progress across the Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps