VisitAbuDhabi wins big at Stevie awards
Abu Dhabi, September 3, 2013
VisitAbuDhabi.ae, the emirate’s online destination resource, has taken four top honours in the annual Stevie International Business Awards (IBAs), with its Facebook page taking a fifth.
The site, which currently achieves a daily hit average of over 11,000, took Gold for the Best Interface Design and three Silver Awards for Hospitality & Leisure, Best Writing/Content and Best Overall Web Design, while the destination’s Facebook page, with over a quarter of a million fans, took a Bronze Award for Best Facebook Fanpage.
This year’s IBAs received entries from more than 50 destinations, covering more than 3,300 nominations from a variety of organisations and industries. The awards will be presented at a gala banquet in Barcelona in October.
The accolades, selected by more than 250 executives worldwide who participated in the judging process, ranked Visit Abu Dhabi alongside top world brands such as: P&G; Cisco; Atlantis, Dubai; Accenture, USA; Foxtons, UK; and Siemens.
The Stevie haul now takes VisitAbuDhabi.ae’s 2013 accolades tally to 10 following a major overhaul of the site launched just over a year ago.
Further upgrades to visitabudhabi.ae, which is currently available in eight languages, are planned with the site due to run in Brazilian Portuguese from next month.
VisitAbuDhabi’s multilingual hotel search, aggregating live deals and room availability from over 50 booking engines, was complimented earlier this year by the launch of a multilingual flight and car search engine with real-time results, and a trip planner facility which allows travellers to build and share their virtual trips to Abu Dhabi.
Reaching over three million visits a year, further planned visitor experience enhancements include mobile applications on all key platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone.
VisitAbuDhabi.ae is a one-stop-shop for tourists who want to explore the emirate, giving them easy access to interact with extensive, dynamic information on Abu Dhabi’s attractions and experiences, culture and heritage, events and recreation activities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released