Abu Dhabi to host golf forum
Abu Dhabi, August 29, 2013
Abu Dhabi is set host a golf forum aimed at increasing the emirate’s penetration of the international business and golf tourism sectors.
The annual two-day 11th KPMG Golf Business Forum, a leading event in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), will be held in the second quarter of next year following a joint-bid by Abu Dhabi Convention Bureau and Golf in Abu Dhabi – specialist entities conceived and managed by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi).
The event will bring more than 250 developers, investors and professionals from the global golf business industry to Abu Dhabi for conferences, debates and presentations, said a statement.
Travel packages for delegates from more than 40 countries will encompass flight options with Etihad Airways, the UAE’s award-winning national carrier, hotel stays at the five-star The Westin Abu Dhabi Golf Resort & Spa and rounds of golf at Abu Dhabi Golf Club and Yas Links Abu Dhabi, it said.
Abu Dhabi now boasts the UAE’s top two golf courses in terms of overseas rounds – a term attributed to non-UAE residents paying for tee-times - according to new figures released by TCA Abu Dhabi.
Abu Dhabi Golf Club, with 1,292 overseas rounds, and Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, with 1,164 overseas rounds played, hosted more non-residents in Q2 than any other UAE golf club, said a statement.
However, Abu Dhabi Golf Club, home to the emirate’s annual Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, is officially the country’s most popular golf club after tallying 15,496 rounds in Q2 - the highest count of any national course.
“These figures illustrate the ongoing maturity of Abu Dhabi as a world-renowned international golf destination of excellence,” said Chris Card, group general manager of Abu Dhabi Golf Club and the Gary Player-designed Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, both of which are managed by Troon Golf.
“The emirate has parkland, ocean-front, links, inner-city and sand course challenges, which collectively represent a compelling proposition for any golf tourist eager to experience a variety of course options during their golf holiday,” said Card.
The UAE capital’s trio of golf courses - Abu Dhabi Golf Club, Saadiyat Beach Golf Club and the Kyle Phillips-designed Yas Links - card 2,938 overseas rounds from April 1 to June30, a 46 per cent rise as compared to the same period last year.
“Generating best-ever quarterly overseas rounds returns underlines how the emirate is increasingly top-of-mind for international golf tour operators, as well as individual, group and corporate customers – a fact highlighted by Abu Dhabi winning the right to host the prestigious KPMG Golf Business Forum in 2014,” added Card. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE