Alba backs drug awareness campaign
Manama, August 28, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, donated BD6,000 ($15,960) in sponsorship support for the drugs awareness campaign launched by the kingdom’s Southern Governorate.
The campaign included many activities that highlighted the dangers of drug abuse, preventive measures that can be taken to combat addiction and steps that need to be adopted for complete and total rehabilitation.
The Deputy Governor of the Southern Governorate, Faisal bin Rashid Al Noaimi and manager of Engineering Projects and director of Engineering Projects and Investment Directorate, Ali Al Ansari met Alba’s acting administration director, Abdul Rahman Janahi who presented the cheque on behalf of the company.
“Drug abuse is one of the deadliest menaces facing many countries in the world today. Many victims who are in the grip of this addiction have lost their potential and are in perpetual danger of losing their lives,” Al Ansari said.
“As a company that remains dedicated to its social commitment, we are proud to support this drug awareness campaign launched by the Southern Governorate and are confident that it will play a key role in highlighting the dangers of drugs to both young and old alike.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award