Alba backs drug awareness campaign
Manama, August 28, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, donated BD6,000 ($15,960) in sponsorship support for the drugs awareness campaign launched by the kingdom’s Southern Governorate.
The campaign included many activities that highlighted the dangers of drug abuse, preventive measures that can be taken to combat addiction and steps that need to be adopted for complete and total rehabilitation.
The Deputy Governor of the Southern Governorate, Faisal bin Rashid Al Noaimi and manager of Engineering Projects and director of Engineering Projects and Investment Directorate, Ali Al Ansari met Alba’s acting administration director, Abdul Rahman Janahi who presented the cheque on behalf of the company.
“Drug abuse is one of the deadliest menaces facing many countries in the world today. Many victims who are in the grip of this addiction have lost their potential and are in perpetual danger of losing their lives,” Al Ansari said.
“As a company that remains dedicated to its social commitment, we are proud to support this drug awareness campaign launched by the Southern Governorate and are confident that it will play a key role in highlighting the dangers of drugs to both young and old alike.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps