Dubai gallery to present Iranian artist
Dubai, August 27, 2013
Dubai’s Artspace Gallery will hold an exhibition of art works entitled Mirror Garden by Iranian artist Samira Alikhanzadeh.
Born in Iran, 1968, Alikhanzadeh studied painting as an undergraduate at Azad University and then completed her Masters in Fine Art. Her early work heavily featured windows, focusing on the effects of light movements in interior settings when filtered through glass.
Not long ago, a serendipitous discovery of old family photographs led to a shift of focus and recent pieces primarily feature individuals - particularly women and children - as her main subject matter.
Alikhanzadeh’s images are printed digitally on wooden boards and subsequently painted over with acrylic. A key element of the current series is the omnipresence of mirror fragments. This medium playfully invites viewers to place themselves within the work and thus encourages them to ponder their own identity, existence, mortality and gender.
The exhibition will open on September 10 at Artspace, located in The Gate Village, Dubai International Financial Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released