Dubai gallery to present Iranian artist
Dubai, August 27, 2013
Dubai’s Artspace Gallery will hold an exhibition of art works entitled Mirror Garden by Iranian artist Samira Alikhanzadeh.
Born in Iran, 1968, Alikhanzadeh studied painting as an undergraduate at Azad University and then completed her Masters in Fine Art. Her early work heavily featured windows, focusing on the effects of light movements in interior settings when filtered through glass.
Not long ago, a serendipitous discovery of old family photographs led to a shift of focus and recent pieces primarily feature individuals - particularly women and children - as her main subject matter.
Alikhanzadeh’s images are printed digitally on wooden boards and subsequently painted over with acrylic. A key element of the current series is the omnipresence of mirror fragments. This medium playfully invites viewers to place themselves within the work and thus encourages them to ponder their own identity, existence, mortality and gender.
The exhibition will open on September 10 at Artspace, located in The Gate Village, Dubai International Financial Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut