Bahrain to develop media sector
Manama, August 26, 2013
A top government official has revealed detailed plans to develop Bahrain's media sector, which comes as part of the Information Affairs Authority (IAA)'s five-year information strategy.
The plan looks to improve the sector and its work to promote Bahrain, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Minister of State for Information Affairs and government spokeswoman Sameera Rajab yesterday said several projects are being implemented, including developing the employment hierarchy.
"We have accomplished a lot in seven months," she said during the weekly Cabinet Press conference held at the Information Affairs Authority (IAA) in Isa Town.
"It follows months of meetings with experts to outline the authority's plan. Projects are now being executed as part of this and include developing job positions, hierarchy and facilities among other things."
She said the IAA has set up the Supreme Council for Media and Communications and is looking to build its own headquarters.
Part of the plan is to also develop Bahrain News Agency (BNA).
"It will be transferred to a new fully equipped building to meet the agency's needs," she added.
"The agency has a big role to play as it is Bahrain's main voice. A new studio has also been established with more studios scheduled to be constructed and are in the tendering stage."
Rajab said the IAA is also working to establish a separate entity which deals with foreign media as well as another department for social media.
The GDN earlier reported that a comprehensive media law has been submitted to the Cabinet for study. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps