Egyptian drama series Adam w Jamila.
OSN launches Arabic channel in UK
Dubai, August 20, 2013
OSN, a leading pay-TV network in the Mena region, has launched its Arabic channel OSN Ya Hala on TalkTalk in the UK.
It was launched in partnership with Thema, the company that aggregates foreign TV channels into TV bouquets targeted at diaspora communities, said a statement.
The Arabia entertainment channel is the first to be broadcast to a global audience, enabling Arabs in the UK to enjoy television content from the region, it said.
David Butorac, CEO of OSN, said: “We are excited about OSN Ya Hala going international and joining TalkTalk, one of the premier networks in Europe.
“We launched OSN Ya Hala in August 2011, OSN’s first step into original Arabic language content. The launch of OSN Ya Hala internationally underlines our commitment to fulfil the entertainment needs of Arabs living abroad making world class Arabic television content accessible to millions.”
According to the latest UK census, there are approximately 240,000 British Arabs and around 110,000 live in London. OSN Ya Hala will deliver Arabic television including series, talk shows, general entertainment and lifestyle programmes.
TalkTalk is one of the UK's leading providers of fixed-line broadband, telephone, television and mobile, serving four million customers across the UK. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation