Batelco sponsors Al Ayam book fair
Manama, August 19, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom group in Bahrain, has announced its sponsorship for a major book fair organised by daily newspaper Al Ayam.
The 20th edition of the nine-day Al Ayam Book Fair (Cultural Festival) will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre from September 16 to 24.
The major cultural event is being held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa. Several local and international publishers are scheduled to participate to display and sell a wide range of books in Arabic and English.
Batelco Public Relations manager Osama Al Saad presented the sponsorship cheque to Al Ayam manager, Admin & Finance Ali Ahmadi during a recent meeting at Batelco’s headquarters.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was a very keen supporter of cultural events which provide great opportunities and entertainment for the general public.
“This event has been taking place successfully for years and attracts large crowds to view the fantastic range of books on display. The fair provides a great opportunity to pick up, new titles as well as gifts for family and friends,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider