Batelco sponsors Al Ayam book fair
Manama, August 19, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom group in Bahrain, has announced its sponsorship for a major book fair organised by daily newspaper Al Ayam.
The 20th edition of the nine-day Al Ayam Book Fair (Cultural Festival) will take place at the Bahrain International Exhibition & Convention Centre from September 16 to 24.
The major cultural event is being held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa. Several local and international publishers are scheduled to participate to display and sell a wide range of books in Arabic and English.
Batelco Public Relations manager Osama Al Saad presented the sponsorship cheque to Al Ayam manager, Admin & Finance Ali Ahmadi during a recent meeting at Batelco’s headquarters.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was a very keen supporter of cultural events which provide great opportunities and entertainment for the general public.
“This event has been taking place successfully for years and attracts large crowds to view the fantastic range of books on display. The fair provides a great opportunity to pick up, new titles as well as gifts for family and friends,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released