AlResalah channel GM sacked
Riyadh, August 18, 2013
AlResalah, a religious television channel, has sacked its general manager, Dr Tariq AlSwaidan, from his position.
Dr AlSwaidan’s removal from office is based on the revelation that he is affiliated to the Muslim Brotherhood and promoting its ideology, said a statement from Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, chairman and owner of AlResalah channel.
Prince Alwaleed said: “There is no place for those who carry any deviant thoughts at Al Resalah Channel. The channel targets families to watch educational programs that cover diverse aspects of social, developmental and religious programs in a balanced way.”
He added: “The message carried by AlResalah channel contributes to the positive impact on the thought of the Islamic and Arab audiences and the preservation of youth away from extremism.”
Dr AlSwaidan is renowned Kuwaiti preacher and motivational speaker. He has more than 1.9 million Twitter followers and is known across the Arab world for his lectures on self-improvement from an Islamic perspective.
He had identified himself as "one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood" during a lecture in Yemen.
Dr AlSwaidan responded on Twitter: "Only the weak worry about earning a living, and no one abandons his principles but he who cares about earthly matters." - – TradeArabia News Service and Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film