Sharjah Ramadan Fair visitors up 17pc
Sharjah, August 12, 2013
The Ramadan and Eid Fair at Expo Centre Sharjah saw a 17 per cent rise in visitors during its 24-day run.
The fair concluded on August 10 and registered as many as 104,466 visitors over the past year’s turnout of 89,332, said a senior official.
“What is more impressive is the fact that we have seen this encouraging rise in visitor numbers during the summer months when the school vacation is on. During this period, expat families are often out of the country, and the searing heat prevents people from coming out quite often,” said Saif Mohammed Al Midfa, director-general, Expo Centre Sharjah.
Visitor analysis also showed that though the majority of visitors were from the country, the fair saw a fair share of footfalls from the neighbouring GCC countries.
The fair included entertainment, cultural, health and amusement activities, besides featuring more than 200 exhibitors from across the world showcasing an extensive range of household and lifestyle products, said a statement.
The ‘Taste of Ramadan Week’ had local and international chefs dishing out Emirati as well as international cuisine throughout the show, it said.
Well-known scholars delivered the Ramadan lecture series held every Thursday in different languages - Arabic, English, Urdu and Tagalog.
Other activities included free health check-up organised by the Sharjah Health Zone, quiz contests, magic shows, face painting, cartoon characters and folk dances, with special amusement and entertainment programmes added during the Eid holidays, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps