Abdul Raheem Al Bateeh
ADM names public services director
Abu Dhabi, August 11, 2013
Abu Dhabi Media (ADM), a leading multiplatform media company, has appointed Abdul Raheem Al Bateeh as director of Public Service Affairs.
Saif Ghobash, chief operating officer, Abu Dhabi Media, said: “In today’s interlinked world the global media is a critical force in shaping social and cultural identity. We have a tremendous responsibility to provide the platforms, networks and content that not only protect national heritage but also reflect the progressive and inclusive nature of Arab society.
“This is particularly significant given the rapid pace of development in the United Arab Emirates and our role in supporting the Abu Dhabi vision. Al Bateeh is a first class journalist who has experienced the rise of citizen journalism – the ability of anyone, anywhere to shape the news – and will play a central role in advancing our public services locally, regionally and internationally.”
Moving to public service affairs with a portfolio of 17 years of experience in the media field and after previously serving as Director of news at Abu Dhabi TV, Al Bateeh has deep understanding of the government’s vision for Abu Dhabi and a wealth of experience and high level contacts, a statement said.
“At Abu Dhabi Media we have a breadth of media assets – from film production through television and radio networks, newspapers and magazines to online portals – that is unmatched in the Arab world and provides us with a unique opportunity to reach audiences in multi-screen, multi-format environments to tell the Abu Dhabi story in a compelling, objective manner,” said Al Bateeh.
“Additionally, our range of assets also provide us with unrivalled commercial opportunities because through them brands can reach every single demographic across the region and beyond.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat