Batelco names SMS Challenge winner
Manama, August 7, 2013
Batelco, a major telecom operator in Bahrain, has announced the winner of the Grand Prize of $50,000 in its SMS Challenge.
Bahraini Abdulrahman Abdulla A Rahman Yadkar was announced as the lucky winner of the Grand Prize following the conclusion of the 2013 challenge.
Yadkar stated that he couldn’t believe it was true when he received the call from Batelco to say he had won the Grand Prize.
“It took a while for the great news to sink in, I was so amazed to have won that I just couldn’t believe it. It’s the biggest prize by far that I have ever won and I am really delighted,” he said.
“Winning $50,000 is a real bonus for me and I’m currently making a list to see how I will enjoy using it. I’m very happy that I participated in the Batelco challenge and look forward to the next one.”
The total prize fund allocated for Batelco’s 2013 SMS Challenge was $162,000 which included 64 daily winners of $500 cash prizes, 11 weekly winners of $2,500 cash prizes and a weekly prize of $2,500 to the participant with the highest number of accumulated points. An extra mid-competition grand prize of $25,000 was awarded at the end of Week 7. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo