Saudi design event to showcase European brands
Jeddah, July 29, 2013
Major European brands will take the centre stage again at Saudi Arabia’s leading design event to be held in Jeddah this year.
Decofair 2013, the country’s only mid to high-end international design event, will take place from November 29 to December 2 at the Jeddah Centre for Forums and Events.
It is co-organised by global design show Maison et Objet. Decofair last year attracted more than 11,300 of Saudi Arabia’s best design buyers, leading professionals, architects, designers, specifiers and project owners.
The event will see top Swiss interior brand Vitra present their latest range of functional and inspiring design pieces.
International sales and marketing director Naomi Barton said: “It is so clear that Saudi Arabia has huge potential for international companies who wish to target the lucrative market which will see an investment of $624 billion in Saudi construction projects through to 2020 as part of the National Investment Programme.
“Decofair will offer the world’s best design brands - the only high-end platform in Saudi Arabia where they can meet the country’s key design professionals.”
The Kenzo Maison collection captures the youthful essence of the brand with vibrant and exciting furniture designs, while BoConcept’s modern and contemporary furniture range will once again inspire Decofair’s design visitors.
Visiting professionals can take part in Decofair discussions, master-classes and seminars with leading international designers at the show, the organiser said.
They will also be able to witness the latest trends and gain relevant knowledge and industry insight, while experts will share personal experiences and case studies.
The Decofair University Design Showcase will offer the most creative Saudi students a chance to present their work to the visiting audience and gain relevant feedback from design experts.
The Decofair Hosted Buyer Programme will connect the region’s most important design buyers with the best international design brands.
Exhibitors at this year’s Decofair event will showcase products including furniture, furnishings, accessories, flooring, lighting, textiles, outdoor products and design services.
Decofair Office and Commercial and Decofair Kitchen and Bathroom will run alongside Decofair, allowing suppliers from those sectors to target the Saudi design and fit-out industries. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released