Christie’s appoints Mideast director
Dubai, July 23, 2013
London-based Christie’s, a leading art business, has appointed Saudi national Hawazen Nazieh Nassief as director of Middle East Relationship Management.
Nassief will be responsible for nurturing new and developing Christie’s existing relationships with clients across the region.
She will join the established local team, led by managing director Michael Jeha, who have been operating in the region since 2005 and hold sales twice a year in the Middle East of modern and contemporary Arab, Iranian and Turkish art.
Nassief will be based in Dubai and work alongside the 10-strong Dubai team and its network of consultants throughout the Middle East in helping to support the company’s auctions and activities around the region.
In addition she will travel frequently assisting clients visiting Christie’s main salerooms in New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong and Shanghai. She brings experience and contacts to the business and will be particularly focused on developing clients from Saudi Arabia.
She holds a Master of Arts in Law and Diplomacy degree from the Fletcher School of Tufts University, US. Her experience in CSR is particularly relevant as Christie’s in the Middle East has helped to raise more than $20 million for charitable causes since 2005 and, as market leaders, these efforts will continue to be a major focus going forwards.
The next Christie's sale series, due to be held in Dubai in late October, will feature a new online-only sale to complement the existing sale format. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut