US firm launches new social media app
San Francisco, July 20, 2013
Slim Labs, a San Francisco-based start up, has launched its Slim 2.0, the latest version of the web and iPhone app that filters through social media to discover the most important updates and deliver them in an easy format.
The new version incorporates Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram along with improved customisation and efficiency features.
It also features ‘Slim Alerts,’ a new feature that allows users to create personalised alerts based on any keyword, using an intuitive method of filtering through social networks. This helps users pre-determine the most important opportunities and reasons to respond to friends and clients.
The version also enables users to customise their newsfeed by selecting the up or down arrows to determine the volume of updates from their contacts. The app is intuitive and learns from the user preferences over time to become more relevant the more it is used. Users can also post updates to all their social networks at once using the all-in-one posting feature.
Co-founder and CEO Yair Levin noticed active social media users were reaching a ‘burnout’ stage from trying to keep track of all the activity on social networks whether their primary use was for business or pleasure.
"Users need a way to aggregate and filter all of the information they are receiving on their various social media feeds. Slim is simplified, no-nonsense content - we like to call it 'fat-free social media' - so our users never miss out, saving time and avoiding dissatisfaction," said Levin.
Slim maintains a secure computing environment to make it is safe for both business and family use. Users can link and un-link networks at any time, from any device, and all data will be removed, Levin added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps