Etisalat drive to clothe needy children
Abu Dhabi, July 14, 2013
UAE-based telecom operator Etisalat is set to donate Dh3 million ($816,571) to provide clothing to 75,000 needy children around the world.
The initiative is part of its support to the Ramadan campaign launched by UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum to dress one million needy children.
Etisalat has allocated 50 million SMSs to support the donation campaign. The initiative will receive further support by sending SMSs to subscribers spreading awareness and encouraging them to donate, said a statement.
The campaign will continue until the 19th day of Ramadan (July 28) which falls on the ‘Emirati humanitarian work day’ and marks the 9th anniversary of the death of late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, it said.
Contributions can be made by sending ‘dress’ via SMS to 7040 donating Dh40 to dress one child, to 7160 contributing Dh160 to dress four children, to 7240 donating Dh240 to dress six children and to 7400 contributing Dh400 to dress 10 children, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat