MAF malls launch Ramadan campaign
Dubai, July 11, 2013
UAE-based Majid Al Futtaim Properties (MAF), an owner of leading shopping malls and mixed-use projects across Mena, has launched its ‘Make a Difference this Ramadan’ campaign across its malls.
The campaign is expected to help over 4,000 families’ in need, according to the Red Crescent UAE.
Now in its seventh year, the charity initiative encourages shoppers to give back during Ramadan by donating gently used or new items to those less fortunate in the community.
Emirati celebrity Shamma Hamdan, and this year’s supporter to the campaign, helped get things started by donating some of the very first items at Mall of the Emirates in Dubai.
Majid Al Futtaim Properties partnered with the first Emirati finalist in the popular Arabs Got Talent show this Ramadan to further encourage residents – particularly the younger demographic – across the UAE to donate good for families in need.
Throughout Ramadan, special collection boxes will be in key areas of the malls, encouraging shoppers to donate any of four essential items: clothing, books, reading glasses and mobile phones. All collected items in the UAE will be given to the Red Crescent to be distributed to families in need.
“We are pleased to once again invite the community to share in the spirit of Ramadan by donating to the Make a Difference campaign. Last year over 24,000 bags were collected and distributed, and we hope to exceed this number this year through the support of Shamma Hamdan,” said Fuad Sharaf, senior director – Property Management for Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
“By involving all Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ shopping malls across the UAE, we are also able to expand our reach to help communities in many emirates.”
Throughout Ramadan Deira City Centre, Mall of the Emirates and Mirdif City Centre will all be open until 1:00AM, with select food & beverage outlets open until 3:00AM. In addition, the malls will be featuring Ramadan-themed décor to add to the spirit of the Holy month.
The Make a Difference this Ramadan campaign is supported by Majid Al Futtaim Properties’ six shopping malls in the UAE: Ajman City Centre, Deira City Centre, Fujairah City Centre, Mall of the Emirates, Mirdif City Centre and Sharjah City Centre in addition to its regional malls in Bahrain, Egypt, Lebanon and Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat