Bahrain Kempinski launches charity drive
Manama, July 10, 2013
The Kempinski Grand and Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre has launched a month-long drive to collect unused clothes during Ramadan, a report said.
It plans to hand over donated items to the Helping Hands group, which distributes second-hand goods to needy workers, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Female clothing will be donated to the Philippine Embassy's shelter housing women in distress.
The initiative coincides with Ramadan and is taking place alongside a charity art exhibition.
Artworks created by local artists using spices are on display at the hotel's Arabic restaurant Baharat and proceeds from sales will go to Alia for Early Intervention and deserving artists.
"At Kempinski, we aim to actively contribute to the local community year-round, but within the sincere spirit of Ramadan, we are diversifying our usual CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives by getting everyone involved and reaching out to different local charity organisations," said general manager Puneet Singh. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Ramadan |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat