Batelco hosts photo exhibition
Manama, July 4, 2013
Over 200 photos were displayed at Batelco's first photography competition exhibition, held at the Bahrain Art Gallery.
The competition titled 'Bahrain Eye' was concluded with the two-day exhibition, held under the patronage of the Ministry of Culture, said a statement.
Bahrain’s aspiring photographers submitted over 800 photos in five categories - places in Bahrain, people in Bahrain, nature and wildlife in Bahrain, Tawasel (Communication) and mobile photography, it said.
The photos were reviewed and judged by four professional Bahraini photographers: Ali Al Refaei, Ali Al Marzooq, Jaan Al Balooshi and Ahmed Zaman, who praised the excellent quality and creativity of the work submitted.
Cash prizes were awarded for the first, second and third place winners in each of the five categories. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps