Tamkeen wins Arab award for Facebook page
Manama, July 4, 2013
The Facebook page of Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, has won the award for best interactivity at the fifth Arab eGovernment Awards in Dubai.
Tamkeen marketing communication manager Hala Sulaiman accepted the award in the ceremony attended by senior officials and thought leaders of the digital sector across the Arab world, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Tamkeen was the only Bahraini entity nominated for the award.
The award is the third regional award that Tamkeen has won in the past year.
Commenting on the occasion, Tamkeen chief executive Mahmood Al Kooheji said: "Bahrain has always been a pioneer in the e-sector and is ranked among the world's top countries in this area.
"As such, we are honoured to represent the country in this leading event which seeks to enhance governmental communication in the digital realm to improve services to citizens, promote the creative spirit and build knowledge-based economies, all of which are in line with Tamkeen's objectives." – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released