BMW Mideast reaches 1m Facebook fans
Dubai, June 25, 2013
BMW Group Middle East has reached 1,000,000 Facebook fans – the only automotive brand in the region to reach this milestone, it said in a statement.
This landmark comes less than three years after the world’s most successful premium automotive company launched its popular Facebook page in the Middle East in November, 2010.
The pace of its growth has accelerated rapidly, with the fan base continuously growing – affirmation of the increasing popularity and success of the BMW brand in the region. The majority of BMW Middle East Facebook fans are from Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Lebanon.
According to a recent Arab Social Media Report by the Dubai School of Government, there are approximately 43 million Facebook users in the Arab world, which is the equivalent of one third of the region’s total population. There is also growing reliance on technology signaling an increasing shift to mobile commerce. According to the Luxury Institute, one in three consumers own a tablet or e-reader.
“People in the Arab world trust news shared by peers on social media platforms such as Facebook over mainstream media reports. As such, we recognise the significant social and cultural impact of digital networks and the importance of including it within our marketing strategy,” said Michael Keller, marketing manager at BMW Group Middle East.
“We always strive to launch creative and unique digital marketing campaigns, which connect and engage customers with our brand, and create standout against competitors. Our strategy is obviously the right one as demonstrated in this milestone achievement."
Model launches have proven to be big contributors when it comes to increasing “Likes” as it offers fans exclusive images and insights of the new models as well as conversations, said Keller.
This forms part of a detailed content strategy which focuses on delivering high quality posts, offering product previews and allowing customers to book test drives through the Facebook page’s application.
The one million mark achievement is testament to the success and increasing popularity of the world’s most successful premium automotive brand here in the Middle East, with a record 24 per cent increase in sales for January – May 2013, Keller noted. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE