Rak Bank wins award for top TV campaign
Ras Al Khaimah, June 24, 2013
National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah (Rak Bank) said it has won Gold Summit Creative Award (SCA), at a ceremony held recently in the US, for its Amal Launch Television campaign.
Rak Bank’s campaign was chosen from 5000 submissions worldwide, judged on strength of concept, quality of execution, and ability to persuade.
Amal, the bank’s Islamic Banking division was introduced earlier this year, Rak Bank had launched a campaign with its advertising agency, Promoseven 360, to promote the Amal division featuring animated eggs, said a statement from the bank.
Dressed in multicultural attire to reflect the UAE’s diverse expatriate and national community, the eggs symbolise the birth of new hope for residents, which is what AMAL aims to bring to the local Islamic Banking industry through the bank’s services, it said.
“Rak Bank has cemented its distinct reputation in banking by choosing to steer clear of the solemn approach to marketing that has been traditionally adopted by most banks,” said Banali Malhotr, the head of marketing.
“Over the years, the bank has successfully carved out a niche for itself in a crowded banking industry through a bold and light hearted approach in its advertising and by demonstrating a true understanding of the customer,” he stated.
Rak Bank’s marketing strategy relies strongly on humour, visuals and bold messages , that aim to be provocative, cheeky, entertaining and relevant to the current issues that matter to the customer, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released