Kipco picks Rothschild for TV unit IPO
Kuwait, June 22, 2013
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the country's largest investment company by assets, said it has hired financial group Rothschild to advise on an initial public offering for its pay-TV company OSN.
A major regional investment house with stakes in media, industrial, financial and real estate companies, Kipco owns 60.5 per cent of OSN and its Saudi-based partner Mawarid Group has 39.5 per cent.
"OSN's market position and potential for future growth has created an opportunity for an IPO that we now want to explore with our partner Mawarid Group," Kipco's vice chairman, Faisal al-Ayyar, said in a statement.
Earnings at OSN, which broadcasts in the Middle East and North Africa, helped drive a rise in full-year Kipco group earnings in 2012.
"This is a feasibility study ahead of a potential float for OSN for which Rothschild has been hired," a source familiar with the matter said. "Once the company decided to pursue a floatation, more banks will be involved in the deal," the source added. Rothschild will not underwrite or distribute the IPO.
Rothschild had a similar role in the recently concluded London listing of Abu Dhabi's Al Noor Hospitals.-Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film