Kipco picks Rothschild for TV unit IPO
Kuwait, June 22, 2013
Kuwait Projects Company (Kipco), the country's largest investment company by assets, said it has hired financial group Rothschild to advise on an initial public offering for its pay-TV company OSN.
A major regional investment house with stakes in media, industrial, financial and real estate companies, Kipco owns 60.5 per cent of OSN and its Saudi-based partner Mawarid Group has 39.5 per cent.
"OSN's market position and potential for future growth has created an opportunity for an IPO that we now want to explore with our partner Mawarid Group," Kipco's vice chairman, Faisal al-Ayyar, said in a statement.
Earnings at OSN, which broadcasts in the Middle East and North Africa, helped drive a rise in full-year Kipco group earnings in 2012.
"This is a feasibility study ahead of a potential float for OSN for which Rothschild has been hired," a source familiar with the matter said. "Once the company decided to pursue a floatation, more banks will be involved in the deal," the source added. Rothschild will not underwrite or distribute the IPO.
Rothschild had a similar role in the recently concluded London listing of Abu Dhabi's Al Noor Hospitals.-Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut