Book on Bahrain PM’s achievements launched
Manama, June 19, 2013
The humanitarian efforts of Bahrain’s HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa were recognised in a book that was launched yesterday (June 18) in the kingdom.
Launched by Shaikh Isa bin Ali Al Khalifa, the book entitled Khalifa bin Salman: A Frontline Knight showcases Prince Khalifa as a compassionate man of the people and focuses on his career as the Prime Minister, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Author Khalifa bin Ahmed Sulaibeekh wrote the book following a personal meeting with the Premier, to highlight his achievements in improving the banking sector, among other things.
The author - who presented a copy of his book to the Premier ahead of the launch - signed copies of his book at the launch at the Bahrain National Museum.
MPs, Shura Council members and other dignitaries were present.
Shaikh Isa confirmed the importance of the book as a documented biography of the Premier, who is a model for devotion and dedication to meeting citizens' aspirations and needs.
"The life of Prince Khalifa bin Salman is an example of continuous and renewed giving. Therefore, the documentation of his achievements is a significantly important matter - it's evidence of a statesman who has devotedly loved his country. It will remain at the same time as an asset for future generations," Shaikh Isa said.
He went on to praise the author's efforts in writing the book in a remarkable form that reflected the value of its content, in terms of being a biography of a heavy-weight character as the Premier.
He also hoped that the book would be a reference in patriotism and sacrifice to all those concerned.
Sulai-beekh said in the book's preface that "writing about a heavy-weight entity like Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa and the role he has played in building a great and civilised country was a great experience."
He said there is much evidence that confirmed that Bahrain has assumed top positions in the international arena, thanks to the efforts of the Premier.
The author also focused on the Premier's determination and his humanitarian attitudes towards people.
Khalifa bin Salman: A Frontline Knight consists of 370 pages, featuring the Premier's birth, upbringing, and the positions and tasks taken up by him. It also highlights the decorations and medals awarded to him.
During the ceremony, a short film titled the Father of the Nation featuring the life course and achievements of the Prime Minister was screened.
It showcased the medals and certificates of honour awarded to the Premier by heads of Arab and foreign states and international organisations, in recognition of his efforts in developing Bahrain and building its strong bonds of friendship with various nations.
Akhbar Al Khaleej editor-in-chief Anwar Abdulrahman said, "The personality of Khalifa bin Salman is based on knowledge - a precise knowledge of what happens day to day in this country.”
"It is enough to say that he is the first person who reads letters to the editor and I, as Responsible Editor, have on many occasions in early mornings received calls from him about certain letters.
"For such a person to be in command of Bahrain's ship as Prime Minister, this ship which has witnessed typhoons, tsunamis and unfriendly political storms and yet still by this master navigator not only have Bahrainis survived but also all expatriates.
"Khalifa bin Salman, in this time and with all the upheavals we have gone through, deserves to be called the Man of the Time,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps