Emirates set for FIFA Confederations Cup
Dubai, June 15, 2013
Emirates, a leading international airline and the official FIFA Worldwide Partner, is all set to welcome passengers to Brazil for the upcoming FIFA Confederations Cup 2013, as the one year countdown to the start of the 2014 FIFA World Cup begins.
Just as Emirates brings together people from the 77 nations served worldwide, the FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 brings together football teams from Brazil, Japan, Italy, Mexico, Spain, Uruguay, Tahiti and Nigeria, to fight for the cup between June 15 to 30 in the cities of Belo Horizonte, Fortaleza, Recife, Salvador, Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro, said a statement from the Dubai carrier.
During the tournament, Emirates will host VIP Skybox hospitality suites; connecting fans with the excitement of the matches in Brazil. Additionally, in Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, Emirates will host the exciting ‘Destination Challenge’ game.
Ticketholders to the matches in these stadiums will have the chance to join in the football action by participating in one of three games.
Participants will compete against each other to see if they can kick the football onto the destination wall – featuring one of three Emirates’ spectacular destinations of Haneda (Japan), Delhi (India) or Dubai (UAE) – testing their football skills while engaging in some competitive fun with fellow fans, the statement added.
“As the only airline to be an official FIFA Worldwide Partner, Emirates sees the tournament in Brazil as a way to connect football fans around the world for this precursor to the 2014 FIFA World Cup. We are looking forward to seeing the action increase next year when Brazil welcomes the 2014 FIFA World Cup,” remarked Ralf Aasmann, Emirates country manager in Brazil.
“With daily flights into São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Emirates connects Brazilians to our network of 134 destinations in 77 countries; including our latest destination in Japan, Tokyo’s Haneda,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released