Batelco launches photography contest
Manama, June 12, 2013
Batelco, a top telecom operator in Bahrain, has launched its first photographic competition, which gives participants the chance to develop their skills and win a range of valuable prizes.
Bahrain Eye, organised by Batelco’s Youth Marketing Team, features five categories and is open to all residents of Bahrain. Participants can compete with up to two photos in any or all of the following categories:
• Places in Bahrain
• People in Bahrain
• Nature and wildlife in Bahrain
• Tawasel (Communication)
• Mobile photography
Photos can be colour or black & white with a minimum resolution of 2,500 pixels and participants may submit up to two photos in each category. Entries can be submitted through the website batelco.com between June 17 and 25.
As part of the contest, a number of free photography activities have been arranged to provide advice and tips from the experts. Three activities will be uploaded to the website and broadcast by live streaming while two further activities involve photo walks at Bab Al Bahrain and Shaikh Isa bin Ali House.
All entries will be judged by a panel of experts and winners will be announced on June 28. An exhibition, under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Culture, which will showcase the winning entries and a number of shortlisted photos will be held on June 28 and 29 at a venue which will be announced at a later stage. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo