Etihad contact centre wins top Mideast award
Abu Dhabi, June 12, 2013
UAE national airline Etihad Airways’ Al Ain Contact Centre received the award for “Best Facilities” at the recent INSIGHTS Middle East Call Centre Awards in Dubai.
This is the second consecutive year the contact centre has received the honour.
Peter Baumgartner, the airline’s chief commercial officer, said: “Once again, our Al Ain Contact Centre has proven to be an exceptional facility and we are extremely proud of this team’s accomplishments. As a result of a comprehensive performance management framework and a dynamic training strategy, the contact centre continues to meet and exceed its targets and service levels, proving once again the remarkable talent of our Emirati workforce.”
Etihad Airways’ Al Ain Contact Centre was established in March 2011 as part of the airline’s Emiratisation Program. Recognising the need to create job opportunities for the women of Al Ain, the airline elected to open a contact centre there, creating an environment where national women could develop their careers while sustaining a balance between home and work.
Today, the centre is fully staffed by 200 Emirati women, including four quality management executives, 13 team leaders and two performance managers, Baumgartner highlighted.
“Having national employees at strategic customer touch points across the organisation is one of the best ways for Etihad Airways to present its unique brand proposition to the world,” Baumgartner said. “We remain committed to supporting and developing Emirati talent in our contact centres and across every department and division of the airline.”
The Al Ain Contact Centre is open 12 hours a day, seven days a week, handling over 800,000 calls per year in state-of-the-art purpose built premises on the campus of Abu Dhabi University.
Etihad Airways has three other contact centres located in Abu Dhabi, Mumbai and Manchester. In 2012, the four contact centres handled approximately 2.6 million calls, assisting guests in 36 markets, serving 15 languages. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
- Paragon releases new Arabic dictionary apps