Gulf Air backs major United Nations forum
Manama, June 12, 2013
Bahrain's national carrier Gulf Air has signed a MoU with the eGovernment Authority making it the official carrier for the 2013 United Nations Public Service Forum, Day and Awards Ceremony.
The event will be held in Manama under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad from June 24 to 27 and is expected to attract over 700 leading figures from more than 90 countries.
Bahrain is the fourth country in the world, and the first in the Middle East, to host and organise this forum outside the UN Headquarters in New York.
The MoU was signed by eGovernment Authority chief executive Mohammed Ali Al Qaed and Gulf Air acting chief executive Maher Salman Al Musallam.
"This agreement comes as part of enhancing co-operation between the public and private sectors in several fields," stated Al Qaed.
"Hosting this forum in Bahrain is a multi-faceted leading initiative that contributes to achieving the goals of Economic Vision 2030, and interpreting the key principles of the vision through entering into international partnerships to boost economic growth," he added.
Commenting on the partnership, Al Musallam said: "Gulf Air is honoured to support the United Nations Public Service Forum, Day and Awards Ceremony 2013 and be part of an event that will showcase Bahrain on an international level."
"We are proud of our partnership with the eGovernment Authority and look forward to supporting and facilitating the arrival of participants to this event," he added.
Bahrain's hosting of the event was announced after the finalisation of the agreement between Al Qaed and the United Nations Economic and Social Council director Haiyan Qian, during their meeting in December last year in New York City.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE