SMC to unveil new Ramadan programmes
Sharjah, June 9, 2013
Sharjah Media Corporation (SMC) will unveil its special Ramadan programmes to be broadcast on its three main channels; Sharjah TV, Sharjah Radio and Sharjah Sports Channel, during a special ceremony on June 12.
The new programmes include a comprehensive list of interactive, religious, social and recreational programmes, as well as Gulf and Arab dramas and quiz shows that aim to promote the noble values of the holy month of Ramadan.
The programmes developed by SMC follows an innovative and diverse strategy that focuses on delivering cultural, social and religious media content that complements the spirit and noble values of Ramadan such as honesty, fairness, patience, commitment and diligence.
SMC’s three premier channels together provide meaningful entertainment to the entire family, said Dr Khalid Al Midfa, director general of Sharjah Media Corporation.
“The competition between Arabic channels to attract a large segment of viewers and listeners is significantly increasing as the holy month of Ramadan approaches,” he added.
“The remarkable success of our three premier channels - Sharjah TV, Sharjah Radio and Sharjah Sports Channel - last Ramadan drives us to continue the march of excellence by providing new, innovative and specific media content that complements the beliefs, culture and history of the UAE and the Arab world, in order to gain the respect of the audience and promote the noble values of the holy month of Ramadan.
“SMC’s new special Ramadan bouquet of programmes on its three premier channels will definitely gain the admiration of viewers and listeners this year.
All preparations are in place to welcome the holy month of Ramadan with a comprehensive list of interactive, religious, social and recreational programs that will interest the Gulf and Arab family audiences. SMC will stay committed to its vision which is based on the noble values of the holy month of Ramadan, especially social solidarity, compassion and giving,” concluded Dr Al Midfa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat