Bahrain 'must boost advertising industry'
Manama, May 30, 2013
Bahrain's advertising industry requires a boost, a leading industry veteran said.
"In Bahrain, we are all aware that the advertising industry requires a boost to become much more active like other Gulf markets," International Advertising Association (IAA) Bahrain Chapter president and IAA Worldwide board member Khamis Al Muqla was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News.
He was speaking during a business luncheon at the Capital Club.
Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab was a special guest.
Economic Development Board chief economist Dr Jarmo Kotilaine delivered a talk on Bahrain's economic growth.
"It seems the Pan Arab media and in particular TV satellite media are capturing the lion's share of the advertising expenditure," Al Muqla added.
The association's Bahrain chapter inducted five new members yesterday who were presented certificates.
"We are very pleased to see our membership growing," he said. "We would like to see members from the Information Affairs Authority which I have discussed with Rajab. We would like to see the newly appointed president Ali Al Rumaihi and his team as active members with us. We discussed at our last meeting the need to attract new blood to the IAA and to join our new board.”
"We are finalising our election process with the ministry and our deadline is to have a new board by September this year," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo