Bahrain may criminalise insults in social media
Manama, May 29, 2013
Bahrain’s MPs voted in favour of an amendment to the Penal Code yesterday (May 28) that would criminalise insults made through sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab said the amendment needed revision, since the nature of social media had still not been defined on the global stage.
The proposal will be referred to the Cabinet. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award