Entries sought for e-content awards
, May 27, 2013
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the UAE has invited entities in the country to submit their entries for the World Summit Award (WSA) 2013, an award for e-content that contributes to a true knowledge society.
The entries should be submitted by June 23. The contest is composed of eight core categories and projects can be submitted in any of them.
After the national pre-selection period, a jury of eminent experts will come together in Tallinn, Estonia to evaluate the submissions and select the 40 best entries from among hundreds of national nominations.
The 40 WSA winners will get the opportunity to present their entries at the WSA World Congress Meeting in Sri Lanka, which is to be held on October 24 and 25.
The event will offer a platform for high level experts, industry leaders and government representatives to discuss innovation in mobile content. At the event, an on site jury will select eight overall winners who will be the WSA Global Champions 2013.
“In a world which enjoys a level of connectivity unparalleled to any time in history, the importance of products and services that contain quality e-content is immeasurable. We have a great culture of innovative product design here in the UAE and this event provides the opportunity for the nation to showcase its locally produced digital content on a global scale," said Mohammed Nasser Al Ghanim, director general, TRA. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut