Entries sought for e-content awards
, May 27, 2013
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) of the UAE has invited entities in the country to submit their entries for the World Summit Award (WSA) 2013, an award for e-content that contributes to a true knowledge society.
The entries should be submitted by June 23. The contest is composed of eight core categories and projects can be submitted in any of them.
After the national pre-selection period, a jury of eminent experts will come together in Tallinn, Estonia to evaluate the submissions and select the 40 best entries from among hundreds of national nominations.
The 40 WSA winners will get the opportunity to present their entries at the WSA World Congress Meeting in Sri Lanka, which is to be held on October 24 and 25.
The event will offer a platform for high level experts, industry leaders and government representatives to discuss innovation in mobile content. At the event, an on site jury will select eight overall winners who will be the WSA Global Champions 2013.
“In a world which enjoys a level of connectivity unparalleled to any time in history, the importance of products and services that contain quality e-content is immeasurable. We have a great culture of innovative product design here in the UAE and this event provides the opportunity for the nation to showcase its locally produced digital content on a global scale," said Mohammed Nasser Al Ghanim, director general, TRA. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released
- Alwaleed makes it to Bloomberg’s billionaires index
- Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon