Najla Semaan Mazboudi
Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
Dubai, May 21, 2013
A top executive of online social networking service Twitter will kick off the proceedings of the second annual Digital Media Forum 2013 (DMF) opening in Dubai tomorrow (May 22).
Guy Yalif, head of Global Product Marketing, Twitter, will educate organisations on how to amplify creativity through consumer conversations, rich media and cross channel integration at the two-day event running at the One & Only Royal Mirage.
DMF will be attended by more than 400 CEOs, high-level executives, and entrepreneurs from the automotive, financial, FMCG, advertising and media industries.
With some 20 per cent of attendees from Western countries, the DMF is a medium for leading figures to discover innovative opportunities for the lobbying of big ideas, effective planning and the strategic implementation of business both regionally and globally as well.
Najla Semaan Mazboudi, managing director of Spoton Media Services and Events, event organisers, said that she hoped DMF will foster creative decision-making.
“I strongly believe that integrating innovation into business objectives and enriching communication channels are key to being part of the region’s digital revolution,” explained Mazboudi.
“The GCC possesses promising resources that have the ability to facilitate growth into digital markets and deliver influential trends. However, the region needs to be educated on how to explore these capabilities and leverage opportunities."
Key high level executives from Google, Booz &Co and other top multinationals will lead a panel on “Digital Content”. This is followed by a series of discussions featuring “Digital Disruption” and “Measuring Social Media Effectiveness”.
Day one ends with Ralph Rivera, BBC’s director of Future Media and member of the Executive Board, who will present “Bringing you the Future since 1922 – Innovation at the BBC”.
Day two at DMF will see MBC discussing a case study on “Multi-Screen Behavior in Mena” and more TV talk about “The Evolution of the TV Experience” by Vevo and a TED.com speaker.
More panels on content creation and effect of social media on youth, as well as a workshop entitled “From Social Media to Social Business”, moderated by DOTNXT, will take place throughout the day.
Dr Houda Koussa, managing director of Archers - Research and Brand Consultancy - and managing partner of DMF said: “The Digital Media Forum will disseminate awareness through a wide range of topics that allow organisations to organically leverage themselves among the leaders of great technologies.”
“This networking event brings together some of the leading minds in the digital media world of today who will highlight major consumer trends in the Middle East region and the world. This is bound to trigger and stimulate a multitude of opportunities for attendees who will explore possibilities for the advancement of their businesses in the region and possibly the world.”
Mazboudi added: “The overwhelming requests for sponsorship this year reflect the importance of Digital Media and further confirms that leading minds and organisations are eager and ready to learn more about adopting and integrating the power of social media in the region.”
Mazboudi also plans to launch the region’s first Digital Media Awards by 2014 and is working on forums tailored to the Egyptian, Saudi and Lebanese markets as part of Spoton’s mission to create innovative events that inspire change. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film