Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
Manama, May 20, 2013
Bahrain Internet Society has announced the launch of Bahrain eContent Award 2013, which is an integrated part of the World summit Awards.
The award, under the patronage of Deputy Premier and supreme Committee for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) chairman shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, aims to promote and encourage creativity as well as support Bahraini innovators in the field of ICT and Internet.
Bahrain’s best achievers in eContent will be chosen and they will join the winners of the Arab eContent Award 2013, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
This year’s categories comprise eGovernment and Open Data, eHealth and Environment, eLearning and science, eEntertainment and Games, eCulture and Tourism, eMedia and Journalism, eBusiness and Commerce, einclusion and Empowerment, along with eBanking.
The award is organised in co-operation with the eGovernment Authority.
The registration, which began on May 15 will close on June 13, and is open to all citizens, ministries, governmental authorities, non-governmental organisations and the private sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film