Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
Manama, May 20, 2013
Bahrain Internet Society has announced the launch of Bahrain eContent Award 2013, which is an integrated part of the World summit Awards.
The award, under the patronage of Deputy Premier and supreme Committee for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) chairman shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, aims to promote and encourage creativity as well as support Bahraini innovators in the field of ICT and Internet.
Bahrain’s best achievers in eContent will be chosen and they will join the winners of the Arab eContent Award 2013, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News.
This year’s categories comprise eGovernment and Open Data, eHealth and Environment, eLearning and science, eEntertainment and Games, eCulture and Tourism, eMedia and Journalism, eBusiness and Commerce, einclusion and Empowerment, along with eBanking.
The award is organised in co-operation with the eGovernment Authority.
The registration, which began on May 15 will close on June 13, and is open to all citizens, ministries, governmental authorities, non-governmental organisations and the private sector. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand