Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
Manama, May 20, 2013
Hackers targeted the website of a radio station in Bahrain yesterday (May 19) leaving a message criticising the station's web security, a report said.
Your FM's homepage (yourfm.bh) was hacked at about 11am by a group calling itself Indian Cyber Ninja, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The hackers even left an e-mail address for company officials to contact for further information while the station was advised to invest more in Web security.
"Spend some money in security auditing," it said. "Please don't encourage your listeners to use Facebook."
Your FM broadcasts round the clock, predominantly in Hindi, but also has a four-hour slot for South Indian listeners.
Your FM creative director Aditya Parwatkar said its technical team was working on "reviving" the homepage as quickly as possible.
He added the station's Facebook page had become popular, logging close to 15,000 likes.
"The website had also been attracting a lot of hits," he said. However, he added he did not know who was behind the prank.
"I guess when we go to another level, these things can happen," he said, referring to the station's growing popularity.
The station was launched on June 1 last year and is owned by the Talent Education Consultancy Company. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE