Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
Manama, May 20, 2013
Hackers targeted the website of a radio station in Bahrain yesterday (May 19) leaving a message criticising the station's web security, a report said.
Your FM's homepage (yourfm.bh) was hacked at about 11am by a group calling itself Indian Cyber Ninja, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The hackers even left an e-mail address for company officials to contact for further information while the station was advised to invest more in Web security.
"Spend some money in security auditing," it said. "Please don't encourage your listeners to use Facebook."
Your FM broadcasts round the clock, predominantly in Hindi, but also has a four-hour slot for South Indian listeners.
Your FM creative director Aditya Parwatkar said its technical team was working on "reviving" the homepage as quickly as possible.
He added the station's Facebook page had become popular, logging close to 15,000 likes.
"The website had also been attracting a lot of hits," he said. However, he added he did not know who was behind the prank.
"I guess when we go to another level, these things can happen," he said, referring to the station's growing popularity.
The station was launched on June 1 last year and is owned by the Talent Education Consultancy Company. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai
- Management contest names jury for UAE debut