Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
Dubai, May 18, 2013
Dubai airline Emirates said it has extended its shirt sponsorship deal with French league champions Paris St Germain (PSG) for another five years.
Announcing this at a press conference in Paris, Thierry Antinori, Emirates executive VP Passenger Sales Worldwide and Nasser Al-Khelaïfi, the PSG president, said with this deal, Emirates will get a five-year extension on their club partnership until the end of the 2018/2019 season.
"The agreement strengthens the relationship between PSG and Emirates and gives to each partner the opportunity to achieve worldwide brand recognition, simultaneously enhancing the image of each partner through increased global awareness," said Al-Khelaïfi.
Commenting on the deal, Antinori said, "This is the perfect time for Emirates to re-sign with Paris Saint-Germain given the club’s new international players and on-going success in the French championship, as Ligue 1 Champions, as well as the European championship."
"Our sponsorship of PSG is a strong platform to further extend our brand presence in France, as well as the many other football focused nations that we fly to globally," he added.
As a result of the partnership, Emirates will continue to enjoy highly visible branding in Parc des Princes stadium, Paris Saint-Germain’s stadium, as well as the Fly Emirates logo on the team shirt and access to the stadium’s premier hospitality facilities, explained Antinori.
PSG is an integral part of Emirates sponsorship portfolio comprising top sporting teams and tournaments as well as high profile cultural events around the world, said the Emirates official.
“PSG's growing international presence fits perfectly with our own rapidly expanding worldwide network. This partnership represents a strong combination of two global brands that share the same passion for success and growth, offering an international reach well beyond football and aviation. In a short time Paris Saint Germain has positioned itself as the most popular French football club in the world and we are incredibly proud to be their partner,” he added.
Emirates had first signed its sponsorship agreement with PSG in 2005 followed by a shirt sponsorship commencing in the 2006/07 season.
PSG has been an integral part of French football’s long and illustrious history and the club enjoys a strong fan base, not just within France but also across the globe.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections