A statue of a horse is silhouetted against the sky
near Newmarket, eastern England
Godolphin trainer to take over doping-hit stable
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Godolphin trainer Saeed bin Suroor is taking over a training licence at the doping scandal-hit Moulton Paddocks operation temporarily until a new trainer is appointed, the racing stable said on Thursday.
"The role is in addition to Saeed bin Suroor's responsibilities for horses based at Godolphin Stables in Newmarket," the stable said in a statement on its website.
"The test results for horses at Moulton Paddocks are still awaited and there will be no runners from there until they are all known," it added.
The British Horseracing Authority handed Godolphin trainer Mahmood al-Zarooni an eight-year ban for doping horses with anabolic steroids last month after 11 horses tested positive. He also admitted administering prohibited substances to four others.
Emirati Zarooni, who the BHA said personally brought anabolic steroids into Britain from Dubai, has appealed against the ban.
The scandal has caused serious embarrassment to Godolphin owner Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, United Arab Emirates Prime Minister and Dubai ruler, who closed Moulton Paddocks and ordered the testing of all horses in Zarooni's care. – Reuters
More Media & Promotion Stories
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history