Batelco wins big at Paris endurance race
Paris, April 29, 2013
Bahrain's top telecom company Batelco sauid its racing team put up an impressive performace at the 25-hour RKC Endurance Championship in Paris, clinching the second place against a tough international line-up.
For the second year, Batelco team comprising four drivers - Mohammed Mattar, Alban Varutti, Ramez Azzam and Floriane Garcia - lead by team manager Ali Abbas secured a place on the podium at the RKC Endurance Championship held at Racing Kart De Cormeilles circuit in Paris, France.
The annual 24-hour endurance was extended this year to 25 hours, to mark the 25th anniversary of the event.
Due to problems with their cart, Batelco Racing only managed to secure the 19th slot out of 44 in the qualifying rounds, and as per the racing rules, teams are not permitted to correct any technical issues until the qualifying rounds are finished.
However, with their cart repaired, Batelco Racing started the 25 hour challenge and moved swiftly up the field to reach the top 5 within four hours.
Driving in challenging circumstances with wet conditions for the next several hours, Batelco Racing fought hard to move into the top three where they remained for the duration of the challenge.
Thanks to the skill and experience of the team, Batelco Racing managed to bag the second place slot, two laps ahead of the 3rd place team and three behind the winners.
The international event included entrants from France, Belgium, Switzerland, Russia, the UK, Germany, Italy, Dubai and a second team from Bahrain. The very competitive field of 44 teams also included a Toro Rosso team which featured an F1 driver.
Batelco Racing continues to enjoy success in the region and internationally with many podium finishes in recent years.
In their most recent event, Mohammed Mattar, Alban Varutti and Saeed Al Mahairi participated in Formula Middle East exhibition races during the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix weekend with Alban securing 2nd place in both races.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released