Bahrain community event to host 100 stalls
Manama, April 29, 2013
Over 100 market stalls selling food, books, clothes and jewellery will be set up at Bahrain’s Prince Khalifa bin Salman Park in Hidd, a first-of-its-kind community event set to be held on May 3.
“Bahrain for All, All for Bahrain” is the theme of the event which will take place from 4pm onwards.
The vision of Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa has become the ethos of this event, a statement from an official said.
Organisers aim to host many similar events to bring communities within the country together to share their talent and culture.
Baluch, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Young Goan, Nepal, Perkibar-Indonesian, Kerala, Karnataka and Filipino Club have cultural stage shows as well as street performers to keep visitors entertained, the statement said.
Bringing these communities together shows solidarity and unity in Bahrain, which has been home to many for generations, it said.
Discover Islam will also have stalls available to share information and offer buses to their members to bring people to and from the venue. There will be call for prayers onsite and an Imam to lead prayers.
Sponsored by Al Baraka Bank, NBB, Bapco, GPIC, Daily Tribune, Gulf Daily News, 104.2YOURFM, Amoor Advertising, and organsied by Consultnivs in coordination with Radiance Advertising and Publicity, the event promises to be a day to remember, it said.
Entrance is free. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film