500 attend Dubai print awards
Dubai, April 29, 2013
More than 500 print industry professionals attended the Dubai International Print Award which took place at the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai, to celebrate the winners of the much sought-after Dipa trophies.
The event was held under the patronage of Sheikh Maktoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, deputy Ruler of Dubai, in collaboration with the Dubai Chamber and organised by Printing & Publishing Group.
Over the past few days, eight jury members have been deliberating on more than 400 entries from eight countries, deciding which are worthy of taking home a Dipa trophy, a statement from an official said. A total of 77 winners across 26 categories have been awarded with 26 gold, 26 silver and 25 bronze trophies.
“We congratulate all of the winners for their outstanding work and contribution within the printing and publishing industry,” said Mazen Haj, chairman of the Printing and Publishing Group. “We had an impressive number of high quality entries this year, and I would especially like to thank all of the judges, who had a tough task in selecting our winners, as all entries were worthy of recognition.”
The offset printing categories included flyers, POS material, posters, magazines, books, annual reports, cards, calendars, brochures, catalogues, directories, box, newspapers, newsletter, handcraft jobs, own printed material and innovation.
Digital printing categories included have seven categories which include POS material, posters, annual reports, cards, brochures, catalogues, calendars and flyers – direct mail, the statement said. There were also categories for Narrow Web and Flat Bed Digital Inkjet – for the POSM Free Standing Unit.
The Dubai International Print Awards 2013 are sponsored by Heidelberg as gold sponsors and Khaleej Times as media partner. Canon, Giffin Graphics, Prestige Graphics, Print Week, Gulf Print and Pack (Tarsus Group) and Xerox Emirates as silver sponsors. Age Graphics, Gimpex, Kodak, Nilpeter, Fujifilm, and Packaging MEA as bronze sponsors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film
- Book on young Indian business leaders released