Bahrain named 'capital of Arab media'
Manama, April 29, 2013
Bahrain has been chosen the "Capital of Arab Media 2013-2014" at the opening of the 10th session of Arab Media Forum in Kuwait.
The forum being held under the theme 'Media and Peace’, has been patronised by Kuwaiti Prime Minister Shaikh Jaber Al Mubarak Al Sabah and attended by Bahrain’s Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab, Kuwaiti Information Minister Shaikh Salman Al Humood Al Sabah and a number of media persons from the Gulf and Arab countries.
Rajab received a shield from the Kuwaiti Information Minister and State Minister for Youth Affairs, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The honour is considered as a reassertion of Bahrain's advanced status in the media field and a tribute to the widened scope of freedom of Press in the kingdom. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- BAC wins eContent award for new website
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Media academy planned in Bahrain
- Sony wins $143m Al Jazeera project
- Abu Dhabi Sports launches new mobile app
- Bahrain film nominated for IWC award
- Adnec seals strategic deal with Spanish firm
- Al Jazeera picks Canon as global lens provider
- Lebanese media group apologises to Bahrain
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo