Bahrain Expo City project reviewed
Manama, April 16, 2013
The progress of the Expo City project was discussed at a key Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA) meeting yesterday.
The second board meeting for this year was presided by Industry and Commerce Minister and Beca chairman Dr Hassan Fakhro, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The minister acknowledged the continued valuable support of the leadership and government to the exhibition industry.
The meeting noted the continuous efforts and plans to fast-track the Expo City project including invitations to the private sector and local banks for equity participation as well as seeking funding for Beca's share in the strategic project.
The board reviewed the audited financial statements for last year, which revealed that the authority generated total revenues of BD1.6 million, a 36 per cent increase over 2011.
This was achieved by organising and facilitating 43 exhibitions, 23 small events and functions and 16 conferences.
The authority was able to enhance its source of income by maximising the utilisation of the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre.
BECA chief executive Hassan Jaffar Mohamed presented the estimated operational performance report for the first half of 2013 whereby, at the early part of the year basis, events booking, total gross space and total days of booked events are expected to exceed the 2012 figures by 11per cent and 39 per cent respectively.
The board expressed confidence that 2013 performance will be positive.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE