Akhbar Al Khaleej wins top print award
Manama, April 16, 2013
Bahrain’s Dar Akhbar Al Khaleej Printing and Publishing House has bagged silver at the Dubai International Print Awards 2013.
It is the only Bahraini publishing house to have been recognised at the event, with its coffee table publication Life in a Misbah scooping the award in the Book category for its excellence in print quality, innovation and finishing and binding, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The awards event was held under the patronage of Shaikh Maktoum bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, at the Madinat Jumeirah.
Over 50 printing companies from the Middle East and India took part in the contest. Dar Akhbar Al Khaleej operations manager Samuel Paul received the award on behalf of the company from UAE Economy Ministry Under-Secretary Mohammed Ahmed Al Shehhi.
The awards event is the largest of its kind in the region and winners are chosen by a six-member jury, including experts, from around the world.
"The award not only recognises the hard work, but is also a reflection of the work culture at Dar Akhbar Al Khaleej," said Dar Akhbar Al Khaleej Printing and Publishing House chairman Anwar Abdulrahman. "It raises the benchmark of the standards we set."
Akhbar Al Khaleej group general manager P J James described the award as "special", while Paul said it would encourage staff to excel even further.
"We feel honoured having been chosen, and this award puts more responsibility on us to keep striving to better our processes and finishes," he said. "It instils a greater sense of confidence to excel more at our work." – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats
- US firm to launch underwater sports in Gulf
- Social media forum draws global experts in Bahrain
- Sharjah unveils 'Islamic Capital' show venue
- BAC wins eContent award for new website