Batelco backs welfare centre in Bahrain
Manama, April 8, 2013
Batelco, a leading telecom services provider in Bahrain, as part of its corporate social responsibility programme, has presented a cheque for BD10,000 ($26,000) to a welfare centre for the elderly.
Batelco Group CE Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa presented the cheque to Muharraq Social Welfare Centre chairman Waleed Abdulla Al-Zamil during a recent meeting held at Batelco’s Headquarters in Hamala.
Muharraq Social Welfare Centre provides a range of services and activities that benefit the elderly of Muharraq, including health care initiatives, entertainment and social programmes.
“Our parents and grandparents have built the nation we have today; we at Batelco are very aware of this and accordingly donate significantly on an annual basis to causes that look after the needs of the elderly,” said Shaikh Mohamed.
Al Zamil expressed his thanks to Batelco on behalf of the Centre for the Company’s generosity.
“The funds provided by the Kingdom’s leading telecom Batelco will greatly enhance the range of services and activities we can provide for the elderly of the area,” he said.
“As one of the Kingdom’s leading organisations, Batelco is committed to reaching out to all residents of the community and lending a helping hand to those who need it most,” added Shaikh Mohamed. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Al Maktoum foundation launches Arabic promotion drive
- MBC, UN team up to offer aid in rural Egypt
- Al Maktoum launches Arabic promotion drive
- Access to talent ‘key to Dubai’s media growth’
- Masdar launches global blogging contest
- Millard Brown opens Jeddah office
- Global Aerospace Summit wins top award
- BurJuman hosts contest for mothers
- Dubai duo brings glory to Indian cinema
- 50pc of UAE youth on social media face online threats