Capital Club holds ladies-only luncheon
Manama, April 4, 2013
Capital Club Bahrain, Bahrain's premier private business club and member of the Enshaa group of companies, recently held its inaugural ladies-only luncheon, hosted by general manager Shahnaz Pakravan.
Following the 2012 appointment of Pakravan as the club’s manager, its Dubai-based management company, also welcomed Sandra Tikal, the newest CEO of Signature Clubs International and head of the hospitality division for the Enshaa Group.
Tikal assumed her new role in February, bringing 30 year’s operations, IT & finance experience in the hospitality industry, including 12 years with the Palazzo Versace hotel brand as general manager, a statement from the club said.
She is currently responsible for strategic planning, club operations and pre-opening setup, which includes the setting up and administering of all processes and systems related to general management, food and beverage, lifestyle concepts to enhance member experience, procurement, human resources, facility management, contracts and all other matters relating to the day-to-day running of each club.
“Discovering the sights and sounds of Bahrain has been enlightening, being a part of a new era in the region where women are celebrated for their invaluable contributions to society and the economy,” Tikal said. “Women are great leaders, and we’re excited to develop the Capital Club brand further with their help.”
The lunch included 20 influential female members of the club and community, in the Kingdom.
“It is imperative that Capital Club provides an outlet for like-minded professional women and influencers in their own right, to come together and discuss important issues, as well as to brainstorm new ways where the Club can help give women a platform to grow, network, and showcase their own skills and ideas,” Pakravan said.
Earlier in March, Bahrain’s sister club in Dubai also announced Emma Cullen as general manager. She brings extensive international and local experience in the areas of private clubs and real estate with ClubCorp, the largest global private club operator. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show