Gulf Air signs events agreement with BCCI
Manama, April 4, 2013
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air is collaborating with the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) on a number of the chamber's upcoming events in the GCC.
As part of the partnership agreement, Gulf Air will be exhibiting in three strategic forums, aimed at driving investment to Bahrain, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The first forum titled "Invest in Bahrain" will be held in Kuwait on Sunday.
This will be followed by the "Eighth International Conference of the International Federation of Commerce Chambers" which will be held in Doha from April 22 to 25 and finally the "Annual Investment Forum 2013" in Dubai from April 30 to May 2.
"As the national carrier, Gulf Air plays an important role as the flying ambassador for the country," said Gulf Air acting chief executive Maher Salman Al Musallam.
"We constantly seek new opportunities to promote the kingdom in the GCC and abroad. We are pleased to be able to support the chamber increase business and investment opportunities in Bahrain through these conferences.
"Traditionally Gulf Air has always had strong relationships with the economic, commercial, and investment entities in Bahrain, and our ongoing strong ties with the BCCI reinforce this," he added.
BCCI chairman Dr Essam Fakhro said the airline's participation in these important GCC forums will add value to these functions, especially with it being the national carrier and one of the pioneering airlines in the region.
"Gulf Air has always been a leader in supporting local projects and initiatives promoting the economy and position of Bahrain in different local, regional, and international platforms," he said.
Gulf Air will be exhibiting with other Bahraini companies including Tamkeen and the Economic Development Board.
The exhibitions will provide the airline with an opportunity to showcase its unique products and services and reinforce its position as the region's most business and family friendly airline.
Gulf Air currently operates one of the largest networks in the Middle East with one of the youngest fleets and best on-time-performance, offering passengers travelling in the region a different value proposition to its competitors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film